Wednesday 7 July
Let´s go on working on ZOOM, the company, and cohesion (connectors)
Your assignments for 12 (&13)
Spotlight on Conjunctions
Finish each sentence in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence above it.
1. There is ice on the runways. That’s why the airport is closed
The airport is closed due _____________________________________________________
2. Although he lacks experience, I still think he should be promoted.
Despite his ________________________________________________________
3. Despite being severely handicapped, he is always cheerful and full of life.
Despite the ________________________________________________________
4. Although he has a very quick temper, he is a very good manager.
In spite ___________________________________________________________
5. He made a huge loss last year, but he still refuses to sell his company.
He refuses to sell his company even ____________________________________
6. I’ll inform you the moment I have any news.
I’ll inform you as ____________________________________________________
7. I set off early in order to avoid any heavy traffic on the roads.
I set off early so _______________________________________________________
Your assignments for 12 (&13) July
Re see the use of connectors; enter the links in the document above & practise
Ready? Now do the exercises in this FORM Deadline: Gestion & Constru: Monday 12, 8 am / LPI: Tuesday 13, 1 pm
Sentence 10: write: answer blank 1 / answer blank 2
SPOTLIGHT ON CONJUNCTIONS: ANSWER KEY
1- DUE to the fact that there is ice on the runway
2 DESPITE his lack of experience, I still think he ...................
3 DESPITE THE FACT THAT he is severelly handicapped, he is always......
4- IN SPITE OF THE FACT that he has a very quick temper, he is .....
5- EVEN THOUGH he made a huge loss last year
6-I´ll inform you AS SOON AS i HAVE any news
7-... SO AS TO avoid any heavy traffic on the roads
Have a nice weekend!