Matias Rotholtz 1H
1) Sammy and I both love watching action films.
Sammy loves watching action films, and so do I.
2) Sammy’s much better at sport than me.
I’m not as good at sports as Sammy.
3) I often go into town with Sammy when we are on holidays.
I often go into town with Sammy during school holidays.
4) Last Saturday, Sammy asked me if I wanted to go skateboarding.
Last Saturday, Sammy asked, would you like to go skateboarding?
5) it’s never boring to be out with Sammy.
I’m never bored when I’m out with Sammy.
1) There are more letters to learn in my language than in English.
There are not many letters to learn in English as in my language.
2) borrowed some very useful English books from my older brother.
My brother lent me some very useful English books.
My teacher recently asked me if I wanted to join the after-school English club.
3) My teacher recently asked me if I wanted to join the after-school English club
My teacher said, do you want to join the after-school English club?
4) I’m really good at speaking English now.
I can speak English really good now.
5) It can be hard to learn English without a teacher.
It can be hard to learn English if you don’t have a teacher.
1) The novel was written by john Halloran.
John Halloran wrote the novel.
2) John Halloran’s first book was not as good as this one.
This book by John Halloran is much better than his first one.
3) The novel is full of interesting character.
There are a lot of interesting characters in the novel.
4) I have not read such a good book for a long time.
It is a long time since I read such a good book.
5) I’m looking forward to john Halloran’s next novel.
I can’t wait until john Halloran publishes his next novel.
1) Grace and I go to Littlebrook Girls’ school.
Grace goes to littlebrook girls’ school and so do I.
2) I’m older than grace but I’m shorter than her.
Although Grace isn’t as old as me, she’s taller than me.
3) Grace suggested that we walk to school together every day.
Grace said, Shall we walk to school together every day?
4) Grace joined my class two years ago.
Grace and I have been in the same class for two years.
5) Grace’s parents invited me to go on holidays with them.
I am invited to go on holiday with Grace and her family.
1) Our coach, Mr. Groves, said we had to practice every week.
You have to practice every week, said Mr. Groves, our coach.
2) Our team is the best in the local school league.
There isn’t better team than ours in the local school league.
3) Last week, we were given new team shirts and shorts to wear.
Last week, Mr. Groves gave new team shirts and shorts to wear.
4) I like to play football in my free time.
I like to spend my free time playing football.
5) Do you want to join the football team, Harvey? I asked.
I asked my friend Harvey if he wanted to join the football team.
1)One of my friends asked me to go to the club with her.
A friend of mine asked me to go to the club with her.
2) The drama club only starts at 4pm after school finishes.
The drama club doesn’t start until 4pm, after school finishes.
3) Learning how to act is something I really enjoy doing.
I find it very enjoyable learning how to act.
4) Last month I was asked by Miss Clark to read a new play.
Last month Miss Clark asked me to read a new play.
5) The play we are working on now is the longest we’ve ever done.
We’ve never worked on such a long play as the current one.
0a. Restaurant Nicole is popular because of its central location.
0b. Restaurant Nicole is popular because it is situated in the center of town.
1a. Restaurant Nicole opened five years ago.
1b. Restaurant Nicole has been opened for five years.
2a. Restaurant Nicole can take groups of a maximum of thirty people.
2b. Restaurant Nicole can take groups of up to thirty people.
3a. The chef creates special menus at certain times of year.
3b.Special menus are created by the chef at certain times of year.
4a.Some guests like to listen to live music during their meal.
4b.Some guests enjoy listening to live music during their meal.
5a. Customers often ask if the restaurant has any vegetarian dishes.
5b. Customers often want to know if there are any vegetarian dishes at the restaurant.
A new comedy film came to our local cinema last week.
There was a new comedy film at our local cinema last week.
My mum gave me some money to go and see the film.
I was given some money by my mum to go and see the film.
I asked my friend Jack if he wanted to go to the cinema with me.
Do you want to go to the cinema with me, Jack? I asked.
We bought some chocolate to eat during the film.
We bought some chocolate while we were watching the film.
I’ve never seen such a funny film.
It was the funniest film I have ever seen.
I prefer comedy films to science fiction.
I´d rather watch comedy films than science fiction.Test 2.
Example: there is a new swimming pool in our town
Our town has got a new swimming pool
It´s six months since I last went swimming
I haven´t been swimming for six months
The new pool is near to my home
It´s not so far the new pool to my home
If you can´t swim, you´re not allowed in the deep end.
You´re not allowed in the deep end unless you can swim.
My friend sam wanted me to go swimming with him
Why don´t you come swimming with me? Suggested Sam
I didn´t go swimming with sam because I was very busy
I was to busy to go swimming with sam.
Example: it was 1503 when leonardo da vinci started to paint la Gioconda
Leonardo da vinci started to paint la Gioconda in 1503
Probably, no other painting is as famous as la gioconda
La Gioconda is probably the most famous painting in the world
Nobody is sure of the identity of the woman in the painting
Nobody is sure who the woman in the painting is
People find the smile of the woman in the painting interesting
People are interested in the smile of the woman in the painting
It took leonardo a long time to paint this picture
Leonardo spent a long time painting this picture.
Does anyone know what this picture is worth today?
Does anyone know how much this picture is worth today?
Example: mr winters told the class they where going to visit the museum
Mr winters said to the class, we´re going to visit the museum
The museum was near the school
The museum was not far from the school
It cost e3 to visit the museum
They had to pay e3 to visit the museum
The class was taken around the museum by a guide
A museum guide took the class around the museum
They did not leave until 4 o´clock
It was 4 o´clock when they left the museum
Ever body thought that the museum visit was boring
Everybody was bored by the museum visit