After reading activities
1. Why had Framton Nuttel come to the “rural retreat”?
2. Why had his sister given him letters of introduction to people living there?
3. What had happened in the Sappleton family as narrated by the niece?
4. What did Mrs Sappleton say about the open window?
5. The horror on the girl’s face made Framton swing around in his seat. What did he see?
6. Why did Frampton rush out wildly?
7. What was the girl’s explanation for his lightning exit?
8 Write a letter IN GROUPS (of three or four students)
Choose from the following:
Framton Nuttel telling a friend about his experience
Mrs Sappelton telling a friend about Mr Nuttel
The girl telling a classmate about the story
9 Work in groups of three or four students and choose from the following:
Make a song
Make a poem
Roleplay a scene
write a new ending